Organised by the Friends of the Earth (HK) ('FoE (HK)'), the COOL Corporate membership scheme is revamped and rebranded from the Earth Partner programme which has been implemented for 10 years. As part of the COOLiving series, the new scheme seeks to move onward from awareness building to encouraging a change in attitude and practice.
The COOL Corporate is a new membership scheme with an annual fee for organisations who aim to raise environmental awareness and improve their corporate social responsibility (CSR) & environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
COOL Corporate membership scheme becomes effective on 2016 Earth Day* (22nd April).
Objectives of the COOL Corporate membership scheme:
- To assist organisations in achieving sustainability and triple bottom line objectives through adopting a process of continuous improvements leading to “Net Zero Waste” and “Net Zero Carbon” practices;
- To advance public education and engage the society in supporting environmental protection works and fighting climate change through the COOL Ambassador programme;
- To encourage COOL Ambassadors to adopt Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability (LOHAS); and
- To recognise efforts towards enhancing CSR & ESG performance.
* Earth Day, held on 22nd April each year, is an international event coordinated by the United Nations Environment Programme to build awareness for environmental protection and resource conservation.