CESGA®️ Scholarship Program
Background and Aim
As one of the international financial centers, Hong Kong needs to catch the global trend of green finance development, and it is crucial to incubate talents in the industry. In view of this, Friends of the Earth (HK) has partnered with the European Federation of Financial Analysts (EFFAS) last year to launch the first internationally accredited Certified Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Analyst (CESGA®) program in Hong Kong. This is an important milestone in the development of ESG professional education in Hong Kong.
Friends of the Earth (HK) has also announced that the "Friends of the Earth (HK) ESG Scholarship" will be established and sponsored by Friends of the Earth (HK) and a number of corporations to encourage young people to devote themselves to the field of sustainable finance and promote ESG development for the region. Successful applicants will be given a scholarship to partially cover the programme & exam fees of The European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) Certified Environmental Social and Governance Analyst (CESGA®) program.
|Friends of the Earth (HK) ESG Scholarship
||To encourage young people to pursue an ESG-inspired career in Hong Kong and the Greater Bay Area
||• Each awardee will receive a grant of HK$10,000 to attend the CESGA® examination in the ‘presential’ / physical format in the Hong Kong examination center for the 2022 March intake
|Towngas China ESG Scholarship
||To encourage local youths to commit to green finance development in Hong Kong
|Ascent Partners ESG Scholarship
||To help local youths with financial need to pursue their careers in ESG field in Hong Kong
Applicants must be:
1. A permanent resident of Hong Kong
- A bachelor degree holder from any university in Hong Kong graduated within the last 3 years with good academic standing (a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 in a 4.0-scale); or
- A full-time student in any universities in Hong Kong with a cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.0 in a 4.0-scale
1. Eligible applicants will be assessed based on the information and academic results provided.
2. Shortlisted applicants might be invited to an interview.
3. Candidates with experience in the ESG sector will be given an advantage.
1. Applicants should complete an application form* along with related certified documents and send it to "email@example.com” with subject "Application for CESGA Scholarship_(Full Name)” before deadline 22 October 2021(Friday). Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Bachelor’s certificate (for recent graduates) and transcript
- For applications for the Ascent Partners ESG Scholarship – proof of financial need: record issued by the Student Finance Office on Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency.
*For more information or downloading application form, please click the button below.
|Open for online Application
||Mid of Sep.
|Deadline for the Application
|1st result announcement for shortlisted candidates
||Mid of Nov.
|Final Result Announcement
Disbursement of Scholarship
Successful applicants will be given a scholarship to subsidize the programme & exam fees of The European Federation of Financial Analysts Societies (EFFAS) Certified Environmental Social and Governance Analyst (CESGA®) program.
For enquiries, please contact Friends of the Earth (HK) Green Finance Team
Tel: (852) 3184 1510
Whatsapp: (852) 5511 8480